A New Vedic Cultural and Educational Center
New Goloka 1983-Present
From humble beginnings of Sunday feast programs around a campfire, to a full-fledged temple, New Goloka has steadily grown and become the most active temple in North Carolina. For over 25 years we have been offering diverse services to a large community:
Deity Seva: High standard of worship of Sri Sri Radha Golokananda with five aratiks starting at 4:30am and five opulent bhoga offerings everyday based on authorized scriptures like the Narada Pancharatrika.
Festivals: Our celebrations have become very popular, serving over 3000 people on festivals like Janmashtami, Diwali, Govardhan Puja, Gaura Purnima, Holi, etc. with special abhisheks, kirtans, discourses, dances, dramas, and more.
Sunday Programs: Every Sunday around 100 people participate in ecstatic kirtans, aratika, enlightening classes on authorized Vedic books and an opulent prasadam feast. We also conduct special educational programs for children.
Outreach: We are committed to share the wealth of Vedic knowledge and culture to enlighten people by distributing authorized scriptures. In 2012, we distributed over 5500 transcendental spiritual literatures to universities, hospitals, motels, etc. and aim to double the number in 2013.
The temple serves many thousands of families from southern Virginia to northern South Carolina. To expand our services, Lord Krishna is providing all of us an opportunity to develop a much bigger VEDIC Cultural and Educational Center.
A New Vedic Center for Culture, Inspiration and Education
A new center on our seven acre property, opposite our current temple in Hillsborough, will facilitate systematic propagation of Vedic culture and knowledge to the society at large and to educate people in techniques of spiritual life inspiring them to live a simpler, more natural way of life.
The new center will include:
- Large temple hall (3520 sq ft) with attractive ceilings depicting Lord Krishna’s pastimes.
- Beautiful altar for Sri Sri Radha Golokananda with spacious pujari room.
- Multipurpose rooms for educational programs for children and adults.
- Two floors with state-of-the-art, centrally controlled, integrated multimedia systems.
- Multipurpose community hall (3520 sq ft) with multimedia, stage and prasadam service area for educational seminars, cultural programs, Vedic marriages and ceremonies.
- Vedic cultural gift shop and library.
- Restaurant standard kitchen with multiple preparation stations.
- Beautiful gardens with ponds, children’s’ play area, a green house for Tulasi Devi & flowers for Deity service.
The center will provide facilities for educating children in Vedic sciences: Sanskrit, shlokas, bhajans, musical classes, dance classes and yoga. We have unlimited educational opportunities with this first class facility.
For adults, the center will provide facilities for in-depth Vedic literature studies (Bhakti Shastri), Deity worship, Sanskrit classes, mantra meditation & yoga classes, vegetarian cooking & baking classes and retreats for spiritual enlightenment.
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- Solar panels over the parking lots.
- Algae Biofuels.
- Waste water recycling.
- Geothermal heating & cooling system.
We invite you to attend our regular temple programs, Bhagavad Gita & Srimad Bhagavatam discourses, children’s’ programs, book distribution programs and fun-filled home programs.
- Services and benefits for our donors (contact us for benefit levels):
- Community Hall & food catering discounts.
- Special Aratik and Puja for our donors on festivals like Janmasthami.
- Puja & Raj Bhoga offerings on special occasions for donors and family members.
- Pujas, Deity installation at donors home.
- Subscription to “Back to Godhead” magazine.
- Complete Set of Srila Prabhupada‘s books which includes 18 volume Srimad Bhagavatam and 9 volume Caitanya Caritamrta.
Sudama Brahmana simply offered Krishna a morsel of chipped rice, and in exchange he received opulence greater than the opulence of the King of Heaven. Become a Sudama Sevak by offering a part of your monthly income to Krishna $51, $101, $201, $501, $1001.
Sponsor Squaree Feet
Sponsor a square foot of Krishna’s temple $251.
You could also sponsor the Deity Room, Pujari Room, kitchen, community hall, gift shop, Tulasi Greenhouse, Solar Panels and many other building sponsorship opportunities!
Donations made to ISKCON are 100% tax-deductible.
“There are many devotees who are engaged in the propagation of Krishna consciousness, and they require help… Every endeavor requires land, capital, organization and labor, … so the same is required in the service of Krishna… If one has sufficient money, he can help in building an office or temple for propagating Krishna consciousness… One’s voluntary service to the cause of Krishna consciousness will help one to rise to a higher state of love for God, whereupon one becomes perfect.” — Bhagavad-Gita As It Is 12.10, purport
"One who builds a beautiful temple for the Supreme Lord will be freed from all sinful reactions and at death will enter in the eternal Kingdom of God." — Nrisimha Purana